Sunday 24 November 2013

My Perfect Autumn Blush


I am a massive product junkie, a salesman's dream if you like. When I walk into a make-up shop I lose all self control to the point where I temporarily forget that I have rent to pay every month and splurge a large amount of my pay cheque on every beautiful new package I see. The worrying thing is I don't even regret it...even though I know I should!
I have in fact recently started to buy my staple products online so that the urge to grab, play and subsequently purchase isn't there (I do miss it though!)

At my mum's house this weekend however, I was doing my usual morning routine and for once stood back to really appreciate her bathroom.
A room lifted from the set of one of Harry Potter's wizardry classes laid before me, lotions and potions of every colour and size imaginable. My obsession explained...like mother like daughter!

Just a selection of my mum's bathroom products


And it was actually my mum who bought and introduced me to one of my current favourites, Laura Geller Baked Flambe Blush in Pink Velvet Pop.
This is a blush which is long lasting and due to the two colours swirled together, when applied it gives a stunning subtle highlight as well as the pretty pink flush. It smooths on the skin beautifully leaving it feeling super soft and I have even had a few compliments when wearing this. 
The great thing about a product which has been baked is that it generally contains more pigment so the colour as you see it is very true to life and blends well. It is also less likely to break or crumble in the case....bonus!
I think it's perfect for these autumn days when your skin can become a little drier, just to give you a slight summer glow and brighten your look (albeit pretend..don't worry I won't tell!)
I like to apply mine with my Hourglass brush 






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Lovely post! That blush seems like a great colour, very pretty :-)

    Meg ♡
    http://mynameis-meg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig