Sunday 8 December 2013

The Weekend Post



Today has been a good day. A very busy one filled with christmas shopping, blow dries, strolls along the south bank and eating (a lot may I add!)

I woke up and made a decision that I was going to be productive. I have so far spent hours looking up present ideas for my family and friends online, but never once stepped into a real life shop to actually buy any, which would be useful really seeing as Christmas is creeping up pretty fast...exciting but scary!
I was determined, I had made a list and nothing was going to stop me. After a quick check in at Starbucks for an orange hot chocolate (so yummy!) I began.



After a successful few purchases my next stop was the hair salon. Now, this is something that I never normally do, but I went and had a cheeky blow dry. I genuinely love styling my own hair and playing around with it but today I just fancied it. Do you ever wake up and have an urge like that? I have to admit though, having worked in salons before I find it hard to just relax and totally enjoy the experience. For some reason I resort back to my days of being an apprentice and subconsciously look for jobs to do and almost help the other stylists....bizarre I know!

Trying a winter hat out shopping

My favourite part of the day came next though. Five of my best friends from back home who I went to school with came up to London..yay! We had planned to go to Winter Wonderland but when we arrived there was a queue about 45 minutes long to get in, is it just me or is this strange? I have never had to queue up before to get in!
Having limited time we instead decided to take a walk to see some Christmas lights and then head to the market stalls along the South Bank. It was really lovely to catch up with them all and such a nice evening with beautiful clear skies and gorgeous views across the Thames.
I'm now back at my flat watching the X Factor and feeling ridiculously full after my chocolate waffle....was so worth it though!




Little Christmas scenes in the windows of Fortnum and Mason. Adorable!




German sausages filled with bacon and melted cheese..hmmmm

Death by chocolate waffle


The girls :)



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Your hair is gorgeous! London looks so beautiful Xx

    teenytinamaria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely :) It is an amazing city! x

    ReplyDelete

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig