Thursday 6 March 2014

The Overtones and Beyonce


This past weekend was filled with very late nights but some amazing live music.
It began on Saturday night at the Brighton Dome to see The Overtones.
I must admit the main reason I had this ticket was because my auntie is such a huge fan and she was keen for me to join her. She has actually reverted back to a teenage state over them and in her own words they make her go 'all unnecessary'....especially Mike!
However, I can safely say now that I am a convert. Their vocals were amazing live and their old school performance and perfectly synchronised dance moves were a real pleasure to watch. They reminded me of a modern day version of the Jersey Boys.
Good old fashioned entertainment I say!
The set list was full of fun classics and everybody was on their feet dancing the whole time.






Sunday night was a totally spontaneous one. Having arrived at work at 11am I then promptly received a call from a friend who had gotten word of 2 Beyonce tickets for sale that evening.
Cue non stop smiling and dancing for the rest of the day, driving all my colleagues mad...sorry girls!
My friend had actually already been on Friday but loved it so much was taking me again.
Queen B is truly is a goddess and I now have even more of a girl crush on her.
Her dancing is insanely good and her voice gives you tingles.
Pretty awesome weekend all round :)



Pre-show Mai Tai cocktail

Tonged hair and a Topshop dress and necklace for the night


P.S. Please can I have Beyonce's figure...Jay Z is a lucky man!
P.P.S The fact that Tuesday was pancake day probably didn't help much towards this wish...
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig