Wednesday 14 May 2014

La Roche-Posay Anthelios Launch Event


 Last Thursday evening I had the pleasure of attending the launch for La Roche-Posay's new additions to their Anthelios range.
Firstly, let me just say how beautiful the venue was. Number Sixteen is a cute little boutique hotel, that on first glance you would think was simply another stunning house in Kensington. It is really discreet but I am pleased to have been introduced to it.
I was led to a room at the back of the hotel, passing through gorgeous little lounges on the way, where the event was being held. Despite the weather not behaving exactly the way you would hope it to when learning about the latest sun protection products (my umbrella had been well used!), we had access to a stunning secluded garden area too.
Once I had my glass of prosecco in hand and had tried a few of the delicious canapes....yum!...I got to hear more about the brand and the new products.


 The way that La Roche-Posay approach their sun care range really does make a lot of sense to me. All of their products are either SPF 30 or 50+ which is important to protect against UVB and UVA rays and they are designed specifically for different skin types.
If you think about it, you wouldn't walk into Boots and pick up a standard 'one size fits all' moisturiser or cleanser would you? Anything could happen! We spend so much time and money trying to look after our skin nowadays, so why would we want to ruin all our hard work in the summer months. I know that in the past I have experienced breakouts caused by really thick, heavy sun creams which can feel quite suffocating to wear.  




 The La Roche-Posay brand is designed for sensitive skin so their testing has to be intense and thorough. I was therefore very happy to discover that one of the benefits of the new Anthelios range is that the formulations are very light and they do sink into the skin beautifully.



One thing that I am excited about is the Compact-Cream. I don't like to wear heavy foundations or creams at any time of the year but especially in the heat. To have to wear a sun cream and then a base for some coverage, just isn't comfortable. So this seems like it was made for me!
An easy to carry compact that has a lovely soft sponge applicator inside, along with a mirror. It melts into the skin and gives a hint of colour to your face and complexion, whilst guaranteeing an SPF of 50+. 



 During the evening we were offered the opportunity to have our skin analysed under a UV scanner. After initially feeling a bit nervous, I thought that this is an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I was pleasantly surprised however, as it seems I am doing pretty well with my skin. I had a few spots of pigmentation from the sun across my nose and cheeks, but in general it is very well hydrated apparently and hasn't thinned at all. This is something that I really need to maintain though, not just to prevent premature ageing, but also more importantly to protect against skin cancer.


  
If you would like to learn more about your skin and even have complimentary mole checks, La Roche-Posay are teaming up with the Mole and Sun Advice Roadshow, set up by Be Sun Aware, and will be set up at 5 nationwide locations this summer including Latitude Festival. This is a great opportunity and can really help to keep you safe.

I believe that today is meant to be the start of a heatwave for us Brits which is exciting...especially as it is my birthday on Sunday! So I am looking forward to putting these products to the test and report back with a full review. I have a good feeling about them :)
Thank you to the team for a lovely evening at the event!

SHARE:

1 comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig