Tuesday 20 October 2015

Stylist Live with Lisa Eldridge





Any London girls out there would definitely have heard of Stylist. It is a free, weekly magazine filled with all sorts of lovely things. From beauty, to travel and stories of inspiring business women, it will have something for everyone. I, for one, always pick up a copy when I spot it by the tube station and really enjoy the read. It also holds a slightly special place in my heart, as one of my first shoots as an assistant hair stylist was for this magazine.

Therefore when I heard that they were holding a big, weekend long event at the Business Design Centre I was pretty much already sold. Two words which made me extra excited were...Lisa Eldridge.
Lisa is one of my favourite makeup artists and I have followed her career from very early days when I was much younger. She was a huge inspiration for me to become a makeup artist myself and I love reading her blog and watching her YouTube channel regularly. 

Lisa was at Stylist Live on Saturday, gracing the main stage with beauty journalist Sali Hughes and it was a pleasure to listen to both women speak. They are so knowledgable and passionate, it really shines through and it was fascinating to hear the story behind Lisa's first book FacePaint. 





I also got the chance to meet Lisa and get my copy of the book signed too which was a pleasure. My poor boyfriend, who I had dragged along to the event with me, had to wait in line with me for over half an hour but it was all worth it. Lisa was just as lovely as I had imagined and looked super glamorous. The highlight of our chat was her telling me that she loved my makeup and asking if I had done my eyeliner myself! Major compliment there!



All in all I had a fun afternoon in Islington at the event. There was a free glass of bubbly as we arrived, which lets be honest, is always a good start! Along with lots of very tasty food options, all of the shopping stalls and talks/classes. I would definitely go again next year.....although my boyfriend is probably hoping I take someone else! Well done Stylist.


SHARE:

1 comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig