Sunday 13 December 2015

Beauty: My Current Skincare Routine


During the past few weeks the weather in England has been, not surprisingly, extremely indecisive. Switching between central heating and then freezing cold winds all day, can cause havoc on our skin and my skin has definitely been affected. My face has been feeling much drier than usual, so I decided it was time to re-visit my skincare routine. 
As I have mentioned in previous posts, even though I preach the importance of skincare to my makeup clients, I do have the tendency to be naughty myself and use the trusty Simple wipes far too often. The guilt is real, but the struggle is also real when I am half asleep and just want to get into my warm bed!

So I raided the bathroom cabinet and re-discovered a lot of my favourite products to give my skin a moisture boost.


Instead of using my lazy makeup wipes, I have been cleansing my face with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, which is very gentle and doesn't strip my skin at all. Then I use the lovely Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish with my muslin cloth, to make sure that all of my makeup has been removed, and to soothe my skin. This is such a classic product now but it is a great one and also has a beautiful light scent.


Once I have thoroughly cleansed I have been applying the BioEffect EGF Serum. This is a well-blogged product, but it definitely works and leaves my skin feeling super hydrated and glowing in the morning. It only contains 8 ingredients and can be applied all over the face and neck, including around the eyes, so this is the only product needed. It absorbs easily and gives my skin a well needed boost overnight.


These are my chosen moisturisers for the day, which I apply before my makeup. I featured these in my October Favourites last month, and they have still been top of my list. SBC Collagen I find to be a lighter moisturiser, if I feel like I don't need to go too heavy. It smells super fresh and leaves a slight glow to my cheeks. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is one of my personal favourites. Similar to the SBC it is a gel, so it soaks into the skin beautifully and leaves it feeling so so soft and smooth.

After completing this ritual of products for a while now, my skin has changed massively and is no longer dry. I have even found myself using less foundation too, as it is brighter and has a more-even tone. So benefits all round!

Let me know if you have any hero products for the winter months...
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig