Saturday 16 April 2016

How To Create Kylie Jenner's Lips: LipKit Review



A few weeks ago I was sitting on my bathroom floor, taking my makeup off, with my phone by my side, waiting for it to hit midnight. This may seem an unusual thing to share with you, but I was waiting for something pretty important. Well...important if you are interested in beauty and makeup anyway!
Kylie Jenner was re-stocking her Lip Kit's on her website and I was determined to get one. They have been selling out so fast and I have heard really good things, so this was a need situation. I need my lips to look as great as Kylie's...minus the fillers!
I went to bed very happy that night, as I managed to get my hands on a Posie K kit, despite the site crashing many times during my transaction....cue lots of panicking lol!

So fast forward a bit, and here it is. I now have the product in my hands and more importantly on my lips. I have worn it for a few days to test it out, so thought I would share my review with you.


The kit contains a liquid lipstick, as well as a lip liner in a matching shade. I really loved how well the liner applied. It is super soft and glides well, without that scratching feeling over the lips. The pigment is great too.
Then, whilst looking like a true chola girl, I applied the lipstick. The doe foot applicator is again very soft, and I was impressed by how easily it allowed me apply and create a neat shape. The colour pay off is instant and strong. There was no need to do a second coat, and it dried pretty quickly, to create the matte finish.
The only negative I have found is that the lid on my liner doesn't have much suction, so it does keep falling off.
I have mentioned previously that I usually veer away from matte lip products, as even though I adore the look they give, my lips do tend to get dry and cracked, especially in the winter, and so I do need the added moisture.
However, I was very happy to find that this left me feeling very comfortable all day, and wasn't too drying at all.
The colour also lasted really well throughout the day. I applied it at around 10am and only needed to re-apply at about 4-5pm. It even survived through a rather greasy pizza lunch! ( I obviously was allowed to eat this, purely for the test haha).

The Posie K is a lovely rich, berry/plum shade, and I think it will look gorgeous on a lot of skin tones.

So if you are into long-lasting matte lips, then I would definitely recommend picking up some of these. Kylie tends to keep you updated on her snapchat when they are being re-stocked, so keep your eyes out!



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. such a gorgeous shade!! I want it so bad but it's always sold out haha (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig